June 17, 2020
This page lists additions and changes in v20.1.2 since v20.1.1.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.1, see the v20.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.1
A denial-of-service (DoS) vulnerability is present in CockroachDB v20.1.0 - v20.1.10 due to a bug in protobuf. This is resolved in CockroachDB v20.1.11 and later releases. When upgrading is not an option, users should audit their network configuration to verify that the CockroachDB HTTP port is not available to untrusted clients. We recommend blocking the HTTP port behind a firewall.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 58932.
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v20.1.0 - v20.1.13. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
Users are advised to upgrade to v20.1.15 or later, which includes resolutions.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.1.2
- Corrected the replicas count for table details in the Admin UI. #49206
rolcanloginvalue for roles is now correctly populated in
- Fixed a rare bug in the Pebble storage engine that could lead to storage engine inconsistencies. #49378
- Corrected how engine type is reported in bug reports when using
cockroach demo. #49377
- Fixed a bug where
cockroach quitwould not proceed to perform a hard shutdown when the value passed to
--drain-waitwas very small, but non-zero. This bug existed since v19.1.9, v19.2.7 and v20.1.1. #49363
- Fixed a bug where
\demo node restartwould not work due to an invalid certificate directory. #49390
- Fixed some benign errors that were being reported as unexpected internal errors by the vectorized execution engine. #49534
- Fixed a rare bug in the Pebble storage engine where keys were being returned out-of-order from large sstable files. #49602
- When run via the vectorized execution engine, queries with a hash routed in the DistSQL plan no longer return an internal error or incorrect results. #49624
- When run via the vectorized execution engine, queries that have columns of the
BYTEStype in the output no longer result in an internal error. #49384
- CockroachDB no longer leaks file descriptors during GSS authentication. #49614
- Attempting to perform a full cluster
RESTOREon a backup that did not contain any user data no longer fails. #49745
- Abandoned intents due to failed transaction coordinators are now cleaned up much faster. This resolves a regression in v20.1.0 compared to prior releases. #49835
- Fixed the descriptions for
--socketin the CLI help. They were incorrect since v20.1.0. #49906
- Adjusted Pebble's out of memory error behavior to match that of the Go runtime in order to make the condition more obvious. #49874
- When performing incremental backups with revision history on a database (or full cluster), and a table in the database was dropped and then other tables were later created, the backup no longer returns an error. #49925
- Fixed an internal planning error for recursive CTEs (
WITH RECURSIVEexpressions) in which the left side of the
UNION ALLquery used in the CTE definition produced zero rows. #49964
- Added a CockroachCloud Quickstart on creating and connecting to a 30-day free CockroachCloud cluster and running your first query. #7454
- Updated the Active Record tutorial to use a new CockroachDB adapter version. #7480
- Changed instances of "whitelist"/"blacklist" to "allowlist"/"blocklist" throughout the documentation. #7479
- Updated all mentions of
range_max_sizeto use the new default values of
536870912, respectively. #7449
- Updated the hardware storage recommendations. #7514
- Revised the node decommissioning guidance. #7304
This release includes 30 merged PRs by 20 authors.