March 15, 2021
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.1, see the v20.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.1.
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v20.1.0 - v20.1.13. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
Users are advised to upgrade to v20.1.15 or later, which includes resolutions.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.1.13
- Previously, if
RELEASE SAVEPOINT cockroach_restartwas followed by
sql.txn.rollback.countmetric would be incremented. This was incorrect, because the transaction had already committed. The metric is no longer incremented in this case. #60251
- Fixed a bug where an error in protecting a record could be incorrectly reported, preventing some backups of very large tables from succeeding. #60961
- Fixed a bug where high-latency global clusters could sometimes fall behind in resolving timestamps for changefeeds. #60926
- Creating interleaved partitioned indexes is now disallowed. Previously, the database would crash when trying to create one. Note that interleaved tables will be deprecated altogether in a future release. #61423
- In the Advanced Debugging section of the Admin UI (DB Console), manually enqueueing a range to the garbage collection (GC) queue now properly respects the
SkipShouldQueueoption. This ensures that you can force the GC of a specific range. #60746
This release includes 10 merged PRs by 10 authors.