April 21, 2020
A denial-of-service (DoS) vulnerability is present in CockroachDB v20.1.0 - v20.1.10 due to a bug in protobuf. This is resolved in CockroachDB v20.1.11 and later releases. When upgrading is not an option, users should audit their network configuration to verify that the CockroachDB HTTP port is not available to untrusted clients. We recommend blocking the HTTP port behind a firewall.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 58932.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach-unstable:v20.1.0-rc.2
SQL language changes
- The new ability to specify
INTERVALprecision is available only after finalizing an upgrade to v20.1. Previously, it was allowed to specify precision for these data types in clusters with mixed v19.2 and v20.1 nodes, but nodes running v19.2 would not respect the precision. #47438
- The new
cockroach start-single-nodeidentifies a PTP hardware clock for querying current time. This is supported on Linux only and may be needed in cases where the host clock is unreliable or prone to large jumps (e.g., when using vMotion). #47379
- Fixed a bug causing some schema change rollbacks to fail permanently even on transient errors. #47575
- Fixed an incompatibility between Pebble and RocksDB bloom filters that could result in keys disappearing or reappearing when switching storage engines. #47611
- Fixed a panic that would result in "invalid truncation decision" error messages. #47346
- Fixed a backward incompatibility between RocksDB and Pebble that prevented RocksDB from opening a Pebble created WAL file under certain conditions. #47383
- Fixed a mishandling of truncated WAL records in Pebble that could prevent Pebble from opening a DB after a crash. #47383
- Fixed a bug in the new schema change GC job implementation that caused unnecessary table descriptor lookups whenever a table was updated. #47490
- Fixed a bug introduced in an earlier v20.1 release that could cause a workload to stall under heavy load. #47493
- Fixed a bug introduced with the new schema change job implementation in v20.1.0-beta.3 that caused errors when rolling back a schema change to be swallowed. #47499
- Fixed a bug that could could trigger an assertion with the text "received X results, limit was Y". #47501
This release includes 15 merged PRs by 10 authors.