May 10, 2021
This page lists additions and changes in version v20.1.16 since version v20.1.15.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.1, see the v20.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.1.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.1.16
- Fixed a correctness bug which caused partitioned index scans to omit rows where the value of the first index column was
NULL. This bug was present since v19.2.0. #64050
- Fixed a bug where multiple concurrent invocations of
cockroach debug zipcould lead to cluster instability. This bug was present since CockroachDB v20.1. #64086
- Previously, passwords in SQL statements in telemetry updates and crash reports were anonymized as
*****. Passwords are now anonymized as
'*****'so that the SQL statements do not result in parsing errors when executed. #64347
- Fixed a race condition where read-only requests during replica removal (e.g., during range merges or rebalancing) could be evaluated on the removed replica, returning an empty result. #64377
- Fixed a bug where encryption-at-rest metadata was not synced and might become corrupted during a hard reset. #64498
- The Raft processing goroutine pool's size is now capped at 96. This was observed to prevent instability on large machines (32+ vCPU) in clusters with many ranges (50k+ per node). #64568
- The Raft scheduler now prioritizes the node liveness Range. This was observed to prevent instability on large machines (32+ vCPU) in clusters with many ranges (50k+ per node). #64568
This release includes 9 merged PRs by 10 authors.