Warning:CockroachDB v2.1 is no longer supported. For more details, see the Release Support Policy.
If you run into issues with CockroachDB, there are a few initial steps you can always take:
Check your logs for errors related to your issue.
- Logs are generated on a per-node basis, so you must either identify the node where the issue occurred or collect the logs from all active nodes in your cluster.
- Alternately, you can stop and restart problematic nodes with the
--logtostderrflag to print logs to your terminal through
stderr, letting you see all cluster activities as it occurs.
Check our list of common errors for a solution.
If the problem doesn't match a common error, try the following pages:
- Troubleshoot Cluster Setup helps start your cluster and scale it by adding nodes.
- Troubleshoot Query Behavior helps with unexpected query results.
If you cannot resolve the issue easily yourself, the following tools can help you get unstuck:
- Support Resources identifies ways you can get help with troubleshooting.
- File an Issue provides details about filing issues that you're unable to resolve.