November 25, 2019
This page lists additions and changes in v19.2.1 since v19.2.0.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v19.2, see the v19.2 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v19.2, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v19.2
A denial-of-service (DoS) vulnerability is present in CockroachDB v19.2.0 - v19.2.11 due to a bug in protobuf. This is resolved in CockroachDB v19.2.12 and later releases. When upgrading is not an option, users should audit their network configuration to verify that the CockroachDB HTTP port is not available to untrusted clients. We recommend blocking the HTTP port behind a firewall.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 58932.
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v19.2.0 - v19.2.12. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
Users are advised to upgrade to v20.1.15 or v20.2.8 or later, which includes resolutions.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v19.2.1
SQL language changes
- Dropping a unique index that was created with
CREATE UNIQUE INDEXno longer requires the
- The vectorized execution engine now supports the
TIMESTAMPdata types. #42414 #42416
- The vectorized execution engine now supports
IS NOT NULLoperators. #42433
- When restarting a node, CockroachDB now provides a hint to ensure that all
cockroach startcommands include the
- Reduced the likelihood of out-of-memory errors during histogram collection. #42370
- Fixed an out-of-memory error that could occur when collecting statistics on tables with a string index column. #42380
- Fixed some casts from
OUTER HASHjoins are now executed correctly via the vectorized engine when
NULLvalues are present. #42438
- Fixed a bug in the
crdb_internal.encode_key()built-in function that could cause
SHOW RANGE FOR ROWstatements on tables with dropped indexes to return incorrect results or an error. #42461
- Prevented memory leaks when counting rows during
./cockroach debug check-storecommand is now faster. #42150
- Improved statistics estimation during query planning for columns with many
This release includes 12 merged PRs by 8 authors.