May 12, 2016
Get future release notes emailed to you:
- This release cannot be run concurrently with older beta releases. Please stop all nodes running older releases before restarting any node with this version.
INSERTstatement now accepts an
ON CONFLICTclause, for a more flexible alternative to
- The new
EXPLAIN (TYPES)subcommand prints information about the types of expressions in a statement. #6482
- Added the aggregate functions
- The aggregate functions
- The new command-line flag
--raft-tick-intervalallows the raft heartbeat frequency to be changed in high-latency deployments. #6615
TIMESTAMPvalues can now be cast to type
CREATE DATABASEstatement now accepts an
ENCODINGoption for compatibility with PostgreSQL, although
UTF8is the only supported encoding. #6614
- Fixed a bug when a single
INSERTstatement inserts multiple values for the same primary key. #6564
- Fixed an inconsistency that could occur when a transaction in
SNAPSHOTisolation used the internal
- Fixed an integer underflow that could result in log messages like
transport: http2Server received 4294965918-bytes. #6567
- Long-running transactions are no longer allowed to exceed their table descriptor lease. #6418
- Subtracting an
TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONEreturns a
TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONEinstead of one without a time zone. #6540
- Improved type checking of comparisons involving tuples. #6517
ALTER TABLE, and
DROP INDEXnow do more validation of their arguments. #6492
- Improved tracking of keys modified during a transaction, improving performance of bulk inserts. #6611
- Schema changes can now continue past transient errors. #6552
- The new Tech Talks page links to recordings and slides from talks by CockroachDB founders and engineers.
- Docs for the built-in SQL client now demonstrate various ways to execute SQL statements from the command line and run external commands from the interactive shell.
- Data type docs now provide details about storage size.
- Although it's not possible to access CockroachDB's key-value store directly, the FAQ now suggests a SQL alternative.
- Replication recommendations now address cross-datacenter scenarios.
This release includes 87 merged PRs by 18 authors. We would like to thank the following contributor from the CockroachDB community:
- Kenji Kaneda