Apr 21, 2016
Get future release notes emailed to you:
- This release cannot be run concurrently with older beta releases. Please stop all nodes running older releases before restarting any node with this version.
UPDATEstatements may now set columns which are part of the primary key. #6043
CHECKconstraints can now be defined when creating tables and will be enforced for
INSERTstatements (but not yet for
DECIMALvalues no longer lose precision. #6170
- In the
cockroach sqlshell, the special command
\!can now be used to execute a system command and display its output.
\|executes a system command and runs its output as a SQL statement. #5961
SHOW CREATE TABLE. #6158
INSERTstatements can now refer to tables by aliases defined with
- The SQL parser now accepts the
RESTRICTkeywords in the
ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN, and
ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINTstatements. These keywords relate to features we have not yet implemented, so they do nothing, but this change improves compatibility with frameworks that like to send these keywords. #5957
- The time scale used for graphs can now be changed. #6145
- Some UI elements now include tooltips with additional explanations. #6006
- A warning is displayed when the cluster is unreachable. #6042
- There are now fewer unnecessary scrollbars. #6018
- The rebalancer is now better at distributing ranges across the nodes in a cluster. #6133
- Fixed a major cause of "timestamp in future" errors. #5845
- Fixed several potential panics. #6111 #6143
- Improved the performance of schema changes while data is being modified. #5996
- The RPC subsystem is now bypassed for requests to the local node. #6021
- Information about completed transactions is now cleaned up more efficiently. #5882
- Fixed a leak of goroutines. #6010
- Reduced memory allocations on the critical path. #6117 #6119 #6140 #6141 #6142
- Overview of SQL privileges.
- Summaries and required privileges for all supported SQL statements.
- Reference docs for
This release includes 74 merged PRs by 21 authors. We would like to thank the following contributors from the CockroachDB community, especially first-time contributor Andrew NS Yeow.
- Andrew NS Yeow
- Kenji Kaneda
- Kenjiro Nakayama
- Lu Guanqun
- Seif Lotfy