Building a consistent, scalable, distributed database is no easy task. Deploying a database as a service might be equally hard. When we chose a platform to deploy and run our CockroachCloud service, we chose Kubernetes and learned a lot along the way. Please join us for this session, where we will visit with Juan Leon and Josh Imhoff from our SRE team responsible for CockroachCloud. We’ll chat about:
This will surely be a valuable and enlightening conversation! SIDEBAR: The Cockroach HourA regular discussion with experts on key topics facing organizations as we all transition to a new digital norm. You bring the questions and we’ll provide experts and a lighthearted and hopefully valuable hour of discussion.
- Why we chose Kubernetes and what went into the evaluation
- What are the biggest challenges to deploy anything “as a service”
- Best practices for securing multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Kubernetes difference across multiple cloud providers
- Running and managing multi-region database on Kubernetes