Distributed systems present significant challenges to the developer. To the database engineer these complications are intense. Over the past few years, the Cockroach labs team has been deep in the throes of building out a distributed, transactional database that isn’t casually consistent but rather guarantees transactional consistency via serializable isolation.
In this episode of the Cockroach Hour, we will talk about some pretty deep topics including some of the following:
The Cockroach Hour
A regular discussion with experts on key topics facing organizations as we all transition to a new digital norm. You bring the questions and we’ll provide experts and a lighthearted and hopefully valuable hour of discussion.
- The problems with casual consistency
- What re the challenges to distributed transactions
- What can go wrong (and will) for distributed transactions?
- How to guarantee transactions yet still perform in broadly dispersed clusters
- What is Jepsen, why is it important and who is kyle anyway?