February 11, 2020
This page lists additions and changes in v19.1.8 since v19.1.7.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v19.1, see the v19.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v19.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v19.1
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v19.1.0 - v19.1.11. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v19.1.8
- Previous versions of CockroachDB were incorrectly enabling non-admin SQL users to use the statements details in the Admin UI and the HTTP endpoint
/_status/statements. This information is sensitive because the endpoint does not hide data that the requester does not have privilege over. This has been corrected by requiring a SQL
adminuser to access the statements details page and the HTTP endpoint. #44355
Admin UI changes
- We previously introduced a fix on the admin UI to prevent non-admin SQL users from executing queries - however, this accidentally made certain pages requiring table details not to display. This error has now been fixed. #44193
- Fixed a bug where repeated use of
COPY FROM PARENTon an index or partition could cause an unexpected validation error. #44266
- Fixed a planning bug related to
FULLjoins between single-row relations. #44242
- Fixed incorrect plans in very rare cases involving filters that aren't constant folded in the optimizer but that can be evaluated statically when running a given query. #44602
- Fixed "no output column equivalent to.." and "column not in input" errors in some cases involving
ORDER BY. [#44598][#44598]
- Fixed "expected constant FD to be strict" internal error. #44599
- Fixed a bug where running a query with the
LIKEoperator using the custom
ESCAPEsymbol when the pattern contained Unicode characters could result in an internal error in CockroachDB. #44649
- Fixed possibly incorrect query results in various cornercases, especially when
SELECT DISTINCTis used. #44606
- Fixed an internal error that could happen in the planner when table statistics were collected manually using
CREATE STATISTICSfor different columns at different times. #44443
- CockroachDB no longer repeatedly looks for non-existing jobs, which may cause high memory usage, when cleaning up schema changes. #44824
This release includes 12 merged PRs by 9 authors. We would like to thank the following contributors from the CockroachDB community:
- Oliver Tan (first-time contributor, CockroachDB team member)