June 29, 2020
This page lists additions and changes in v19.1.10 since v19.1.9.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v19.1, see the v19.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to the latest production release of CockroachDB, see this article.
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v19.1.0 - v19.1.11. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach-unstable:v19.1.10
- Previously, HTTP requests would start to fail with error 503 "
transport: authentication handshake failed: io: read/write on closed pipe" and never become possible again until restarting the node. This has been fixed. This bug has existed since v2.1 or earlier. #48483
- Previously, when the value passed to
--drain-waitwas very small, but non-zero,
cockroach quitin certain cases would not proceed to perform a hard shutdown. This has been corrected. This bug was present in v19.1.9, v19.2.7, and v20.1.1. #49365
- Fixed a RocksDB bug that could result in inconsistencies in rare circumstances. #50510
- Release Docker images are now built on Debian 9.12. #50480
- Updated guidance on node decommissioning. #7304
- Renamed "whitelist/blacklist" terminology to "allowlist/blocklist". #7535
- Updated the Releases navigation in the sidebar to expose the latest Production and Testing releases. #7550
- Fixed scrollbar visibility on Chrome. #7487
This release includes 10 merged PRs by 6 authors. We would like to thank the following contributors from the CockroachDB community:
- Drew Kimball (first-time contributor, CockroachDB team member)
- Jackson Owens (first-time contributor, CockroachDB team member)
- James H. Linder (first-time contributor, CockroachDB team member)