We get a lot of basic questions about CockroachDB. And while it is pretty complex under the covers, it presents a pretty simple approach to deploying a modern database. Some of the most common things we get asked are:
In this episode of the Cockroach Hour, we will cover a bit of CockroachDB 101 addressing some of these frequently asked questions. Then we will open it up to you, the audience to ask us whatever you like. The Cockroach HourA regular discussion with experts on key topics facing organizations as we all transition to a new digital norm. You bring the questions and we’ll provide experts and a lighthearted and hopefully valuable hour of discussion.
- Why did you choose the name cockroach (our favorite)
- How compatible are you with PostgreSQL and MySQL?
- How can I get started with the database
- Do you have any sample apps? What about hello world?
- Do you work with my programming language?
- How do you shard the data?