A Distributed SQL database is a bit different than a traditional relational datastore. Deployment requires you to think through where each row of data lives and how it might survive the failure of a node. With CockroachDB, we give you many options to control these scenarios and in this webinar, we will walk through them.
In this webinar, we will walk through how to get started with CockroachDB. We’ll help you plan for deployment and guide you through some configuration details and how it might affect your applications. We will be covering:
- The effect of latencies in a geo-distributed database
- How to choose a deployment topology
- How to choose which keys are right for you and your application
- How to configure CockroachDB to survive different types of failures.
- How to prepare your application to use CockroachDB