CockroachDB supports efficiently storing and querying spatial data.
See the links below for more information about how to use CockroachDB for spatial use cases.
Migrating spatial data into and out of CockroachDB
- Migrate from Shapefiles
- Migrate from GeoJSON
- Migrate from GeoPackage
- Migrate from OpenStreetMap
- Export Spatial Data
- Spatial indexes
- Spatial and GIS Glossary of Terms
- Known Limitations
- Spatial functions
- Client library compatibility
In addition to the generated reference documentation for spatial functions, we have written additional documentation for the following functions, including examples:
- Introducing Distributed Spatial Data in Free, Open Source CockroachDB (blog post)
- Using GeoServer with CockroachDB