Almost a year ago, we wrote about our use of Jepsen in testing CockroachDB. As we prepare for CockroachDB 1.0, we wanted to get independent verification of our findings, so last fall we hired Kyle Kingsbury, the author of Jepsen,…
This blog post outlines how CockroachDB executes queries and shares Cockroach Labs' vision for future work on distributed processing.
Join the Cockroach Labs founders for an unscripted Q&A about the dirty details building 1.0 and in how they achieve consensus across three co-founders.
Launching CockroachDB 1.0, a production-ready release with distributed SQL and multi-active availability in two tiers: CockroachDB Core and CockroachDB Enterprise.
Detailing the challenges of implementing Unicode collation in CockroachDB, a standard for ordering strings in ways our users around the world expect.
In this post we share performance and functionality progress that has been made on SQL joins in CockroachDB and what to expect in CockroachDB 1.0.
Some months ago I started work on a way to test random, valid SQL in CockroachDB. This is important to expose unintended behavior in our server.
We recently improved our distributed SQL performance by implementing column families in CockroachDB. Column families are commonly found in NoSQL databases.
This blog post outlines how fuzz testing uncovered a Schrodinbug in CockroachDB, how Go was partly to blame, and how we addressed it using strong typing.
The good news is that CockroachDB’s JOIN seems to work, as in, “it returns correct results.” However, this is just our first, unoptimimized implementation.