June 28, 2021
This page lists additions and changes in v20.2.12 since version v20.2.11.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.2, see the v20.2 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.2, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.2.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
Warning:The CockroachDB executable for Windows is experimental and not suitable for production deployments. Windows 8 or higher is required.
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.2.12
Enterprise edition changes
- Added new
CHANGEFEEDoptions that give you more control over topic naming: The
full_table_nameoption lets you use a fully-qualified table name in topics, subjects, schemas, and record output instead of the default table name, and can prevent unintended behavior when the same table name is present in multiple databases. The
avro_schema_prefixoption lets you use a fully-qualified schema name for a table instead of the default table name, and makes it possible for multiple databases or clusters to share the same schema registry when the same table name is present in multiple databases. #66091
- Changefeeds with custom Kafka client configurations (using the
kafka_sink_configobject) that could lead to long delays in flushing messages will now produce an error. #66316
kafka_sink_configobject now supports a
versionconfiguration item to specify Kafka server versions. This is likely only necessary for old (Kafka 0.11/Confluent 3.3 or earlier) Kafka servers. Additionally, settings not specified in
kafka_sink_confignow retain their default values. #66316
SQL language changes
STOREDcomputed columns with expressions that reference foreign key columns is now allowed. #66169
BACKUPnow puts backup data files in a
datasub-directory of the
BACKUPpath instead of directly in the backup path. #66164
- CockroachDB now prevents intra-query leaks during disk spilling that could cause the database to run out of memory, especially during disk spilling operations on tables with wide rows. #66170
- Queries now use up to 1MB less actual system memory per scan, lookup join, index join, zigzag join, or inverted join in their query plans. This will result in improved memory performance for workloads with concurrent OLAP-style queries. #66170
BACKUPs no longer risk the possibility of blocking conflicting writes while being rate limited by the
kv.bulk_io_write.concurrent_export_requestsconcurrency limit. #66409
BACKUPand other operations can now reuse a previously created S3 client session when operating on the same bucket, which can avoid
NoCredentialProviderserrors on EC2 when iterating with large incremental backups. #66260
- Fixed a crash when performing a cluster
BACKUPwith revision history of a cluster upgraded from 20.1 to 20.2 to 21.1 which contains tables that were truncated by 20.1. #66638
- Fixed the style of the DB Console password field on Safari. #66135
COCKROACHDB_REGISTRYfile is no longer rewritten whenever a new unencrypted file is created. #66424
This release includes 19 merged PRs by 17 authors.