Warning:This version of CockroachDB is no longer supported. For more details, see the Release Support Policy.
April 19, 2021
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.1, see the v20.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.1.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
Warning:The CockroachDB executable for Windows is experimental and not suitable for production deployments. Windows 8 or higher is required.
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.1.14
- Fixed a bug where some import failures would cause tables to stay
OFFLINEwhen they should have been brought back to
- Fixed a bug where an invalid tuple comparison using
ANYwas causing an internal error. CockroachDB now returns "unsupported comparison operator". #61725
- Changed the behavior of the
kv.closed_timestamp.target_durationcluster setting when set to 0. This would make follower reads more aggressive instead of disabling them. Setting
kv.closed_timestamp.target_durationto 0 will now disable routing requests to follower replicas. #62442
- Fixed a bug where
AS OF SYSTEM TIMEof tables that included foreign key constraints from backups created by v19.x or earlier would lead to malformed schema metadata. #62493
- Fixed an internal error that could occur during planning when a query used the output of the
RETURNINGclause of an
UPDATE, and one or more of the columns in the
RETURNINGclause were from a table specified in the
FROMclause of the
UPDATE(i.e., not from the table being updated). #62964
- Dropping a foreign key that was added in the same transaction no longer triggers an internal error. This bug has been present since at least v20.1. #62881
- Fixed a bug where index backfill data might have been missed by
BACKUPin incremental backups. #63303
- SQL statistics collection has been made more efficient by avoiding an accidental heap allocation per row for some schemas. #58199
This release includes 16 merged PRs by 13 authors.