January 25, 2021
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v20.1, see the v20.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v20.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v20.1.
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v20.1.0 - v20.1.13. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
Users are advised to upgrade to v20.1.15 or later, which includes resolutions.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v20.1.11
SQL language changes
- Fixed a bug in
RESTOREwhere some unusual range boundaries in interleaved tables caused an error. #58260
- In v20.1.8, we attempted to fix
age's lack of normalization of
H:M:Sinto the years, months and days field. However, this was also broken for values greater than 1 month, as well as breaking
a::timestamp(tz) - b::timestamp(tz)operators. This has now been resolved. #57956
- Fixed an assertion error caused by some DDL statements used in conjunction with common table expressions (
- Fixed a bug that caused temp tables to not be cleaned up after the associated session was closed. #58167
- Added a safeguard against crashes while running
SHOW STATISTICS USING JSON, which is used internally for statement diagnostics, and
EXPLAIN ANALYZE (DEBUG). #58264
- Previously, CockroachDB could return non-deterministic output when querying the
information_schema.statisticsvirtual table (internally used by the
SHOW INDEXEScommand)—namely, the implicit columns of the secondary indexes could be in arbitrary order. This is now fixed, and the columns will be in the same order as they are in the primary index. #58215
- Previously, CockroachDB could crash when performing a
DELETEoperation after an alteration of the primary key when in some cases, and now it is fixed. The bug was introduced in v20.1. #58267
- Fixed a panic in protobuf decoding. #58861
- Fixed a bug that caused errors when accessing a tuple column (
tuple.columnsyntax) of a tuples that could be statically determined to be null. #58899
- Fixed an internal error involving string literals used as arrays. #59066
- GC jobs now populate the
SHOW JOBS. This bug has been present since v20.1. #59138
- Fixed a bug in which some non-conflicting rows provided as input to an
INSERT ... ON CONFLICT DO NOTHINGstatement could be discarded, and not inserted. This could happen in cases where the table had one or more unique indexes in addition to the primary index, and some of the rows in the input conflicted with existing values in one or more unique index. This scenario could cause the rows that did not conflict to be erroneously discarded. This is now fixed. #59172
This release includes 24 merged PRs by 17 authors. We would like to thank the following contributors from the CockroachDB community: