July 15, 2019
This page lists additions and changes in v19.1.3 since v19.1.2.
- For a comprehensive summary of features in v19.1, see the v19.1 GA release notes.
- To upgrade to v19.1, see Upgrade to CockroachDB v19.1
Cockroach Labs has discovered a bug relating to incremental backups, for CockroachDB v19.1.0 - v19.1.11. If a backup coincides with an in-progress index creation (backfill),
IMPORT, it is possible that a subsequent incremental backup will not include all of the indexed, restored or imported data.
For more information, including other affected versions, see Technical Advisory 63162.
Get future release notes emailed to you:
$ docker pull cockroachdb/cockroach:v19.1.3
- Fixed help text that erroneously labeled Encryption at Rest as experimental. #38237
- Fixed an incorrect type mismatch error when empty
ARRAYvalues are used as
DEFAULTvalues (and potentially in other contexts). #38300
- Fixed a panic that could occur when decoding decimals as query parameters. #38330
NULLs are now correctly handled by
AVGwhen used as window functions. #38356
- Fixed an issue that prevented restoring some backups if they included tables that were partitioned by columns of a certain types while also interleaved by child tables. #38494
- Fixed possible deadlock when storage engine write fails. #38478
- Fixed potential reappearance of deleted timeseries data, which could trip the consistency checker. #38478
- Removed dependency on
sync_file_rangeon Linux platforms on which it returns ENOSYS, such as WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). #38478
- Nodes that have been down now recover quicker when they rejoin, assuming they weren't down for much more than the value of the
server.time_until_store_deadcluster setting (which defaults to 5 minutes). #38642
- Checking the "skip should queue" checkbox in the Manual Enqueue Range advanced debuggging page now works for the GC Queue. #38296
- The YCSB workload no longer ignores the
- Fixed the auto-retry counter in stats and now logs it in the statement/audit logs. #38035
- Only check
CommonNameon first certificate in file. #38165
- Added the Build a Python app with Kubernetes on CockroachCloud tutorial for running a Python app on a CockroachCloud cluster using a local Kubernetes cluster. #4918
- Expanded the recommended Topology Patterns for running CockroachDB in a cloud environment, each with required configurations and latency and resiliency characteristics. #4820
- Made the Java code samples in Build a Java App with CockroachDB simpler and more idiomatic. #4855
- Documented what happens when a node runs out of disk space and how to create a ballast file to prepare for this case. #5000
This release includes 17 merged PRs by 14 authors.