Learn the SQL skills that developers actually need.
Don’t waste time learning irrelevant things in SQL courses designed for DBAs or analysts. In this skills path, you’ll learn SQL skills from the top down, the way a developer does. And you’ll do it using a next-generation, cloud-native distributed SQL database – the kind you’d want to use for modern production applications.
You’ll learn about good schema design, writing performant queries, transaction optimization, and more. These elements of SQL are important for building applications, but often left out of SQL courses that were built with analysts and DBAs in mind.
ORMs can’t do everything.
ORMs are powerful tools, but they aren’t perfect. Our SQL for Application Developers skills path offers a streamlined way for you to learn the SQL skills you need so that when you encounter something your ORM can’t handle, you can take care of it yourself. And when you want to improve your application performance, you can dive right into the database to do it.
What will you learn?
Audience: Developers (any level)
- Learn basic, single-table SQL operations
- Translate a simple entity/object into a corresponding database table
- Populate your table with data and retrieve it after
- Combine data from multiple data sources using joins
- Model one-to-many object relationships in a relational database
- Use foreign key constraints to ensure referential integrity
- Model many-to-many relationships in a relational database
- Model object inheritance in a relational database
In total, the path takes about ten hours to complete, but the courses are broken down into bite-sized chunks, and you can learn at your own pace.
Level-up your LinkedIn
Finish the skills path and earn an industry-recognized Certificate of Completion. Add it to your resume to let the dozens of Fortune 500 companies using CockroachDB today know you’ve got the SQL skills to join them.